I have a lot of Good Stress in my life right now. It’s similar to the pain of a loose tooth. There’s a lot of motion – unstable and somewhat painful motion – yet I cannot tear myself away from it because I’m excited to see what happens next! I’ve been welcoming tons of awesome, new event ideas and concepts into my cozy office these days and I can’t wait to share them all with you! I’ve imagined. I’m creating. I can’t wait to celebrate!
Below is a look at what I’ve been up to as well as a sneak preview of what’s coming up!
Meg Was Here:
- Bridge Street Art Fair – Did you know how talented the kids are these days? Holy bejeezums! This event highlighted local student art as a fundamental part of our community. It was great to see the awesome local gems of businesses on Bridge Street opening their arms to the youth artists in our community. This inaugural event was a huge success and I’m so excited to see how things develops next year!
- Moretown 250th – This small town event was a little on the rained-out side, but it was no less inspiring! Taking a look at the history of Moretown, and Vermont in general has really inspired me and strengthened my conviction to bring fun events to the community, not necessarily the masses. We partied it up at our village’s Town Hall – the main place towns used to gather for fun-having. I’m really looking forward to concentrating on local events in addition to the bigger projects I have in the works!
- American Craft Beer Fest – Lawson’s Finest Liquids set up camp at BeerAdvocate’s 2013 ACBF and it was an absolute blast! Thanks for all that came out, endured the line and enjoyed the beer enough to get right back in line for another lap or two (or three…)! See the LFL Insider Vid below.
- Waterbury Arts Fest - July 12 & 13 – This year’s event will very definitively be the best one yet. Friday we are having a Block Party to celebrate the 250th Anniversary of Waterbury. There will insane entertainment with Nimble Arts & Josh Panda & the Hot Damned and Hot Damn! – I CAN’T WAIT!! Saturday will showcase the largest and most talented selections of artists, food vendors, street performers and musicians in the events history. You will not want to miss a moment of this event! Promise! See our video below.
- Private Events & Weddings – Ongoing -We are so excited about all the couples we are working with, this season and next! Lots of originality, tradition, creativity and of course love! Their weddings and events are true reflections of their relationships and it’s and honor to work with them all! And while the schedule gets tighter everyday, that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for your big event! Contact me today to see how I can help!
- SIPtemberfest – September 28 & 29 – This year is shaping up to be so dang good, I’m not even sure how to describe it. Tickets will go on sale in August. We’ve sold out every year so check out the webpage and sign up to get ‘fresh sips’ lest you miss the memo and tickets sell out before you get yours!
- TRUST ME & SAVE THE DATE: August 29 & 30, 2014 – No joke. You will want to be here. I can tell you it involves good beer, good music and tents, but I can’t tell you anymore. Yet. Patience Grasshopper.
The Waterbury Arts Fest:
Lawson’s at the American Craft Beer Festival:
The Bridge Street Art Fair is THIS SATURDAY, May 18 from 2pm to 8pm on beautiful Bridge Street in Waitsfield and you should definitely go.
Here are 10 good reasons why:
- Walk & Roll – It’s National Bike Month so it’s only natural that the Bridge Street Art Fair will open things with a Bike Parade! Stating at the Waitsfield Elementary School at 1:30pm yoots of all ages can gather to decorate your bikes and then parade down Route 100 to open the festivities on Bridge Street.
- Discover a Hidden Gem – Bridge Street is filled with incredible local businesses such as The Artisans’ Gallery, The Sweet Spot, Mint, The Butchery, Peasant, All Things Bright & Beautiful, The Madsonian Museum, The Green Closet, 4orty Bridge and many, many more! This is a great chance to walk around and check out one of the most unique and cool little corners of the Mad River Valley. Full of gifts, gourmet, sweet treats and eye candy, (see some photos below,) you’ll find that Bridge Street is one of those hidden gems and a place to come back to over and over again.
- Discover The Next Great Artist – There are a lot of very talented little artists around these parts! We will have tons of student artwork on display all over Bridge Street and the surrounding areas. Come check it all out and see if you can pick out the next Monets, Picassos and Van Goghs.
- Get Warm & Fuzzy – The Fayston Elementary School will be having a silent auction for some incredible quilts as well as selling bookmarks made by the kindergardeners and bottle cap magnets made by the 5th & 6th graders. Proceeds will benefit the Fayston PTO so whether you win a quilt or not, you’ll get that warm & fuzzy feeling just knowing you’re helping a great cause.
- Get your Daily Dose – Throughout the afternoon local artists will be giving demos so you can learn something new for the day! There will be print making, pottery, painting and much more. You can also get dolled up by getting some henna or face painting or make a friendship bracelet!
- Treat Yourself To A Treat – We will have a bunch of local artists selling their beautiful work. Find a range of herbal salves, bath salts, teas and healing products. Find unique and functional ceramics, incredible hand-crafted jewelry, intricate quilts, cutting boards made from exotic woods and more! You’ll find great wedding gifts, graduation gifts, a little something something for someone special or maybe a treat just for yourself!
- Dance Like No One Is Watching – There will be a great selection of music playing all day. Boogie your booty off or just bop your head and tap your feet – whatever your style is, you will get a chance to show of your moves to the tunes of Rob Dasaro and Friends!
- Enjoy A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood – This weekend is going to be a stunner. The fruit trees are blooming, the sun will be shining and you couldn’t ask for better weather to be outside in.
- Have the Best Day Ever – There are so many great things to do in our Valley that you can fill up your day before you know it! You could start with a bike ride or walk along the Mad River Path or check out the opening day of the Waitsfield Farmers Market. After all, you can’t have fun all day if you don’t start in the morning!
- Come Together – We are very lucky to live in a community that comes together, works together and plays together! Keep that spirit alive, grab your friends and join the gathering on Bridge Street for an afternoon of serious neighborhood fun-having!
If you have any questions or comments, email Meg: firstname.lastname@example.org. See you SOON!
Really Cool Vermont bracelets found at 4orty Bridge
Pick up some accessories from The Green Closet
So much to see at the Artisans’ Gallery!
Have a delectable dinner at Peasant
So many choices at Mint Restaurant
It’s hard to only have one at the Sweet Spot!
Checking out an exhibit at the Madsonian Museum
The genius who said ‘time flies when your having fun’ obviously didn’t realize how much I love my job! All of a sudden it’s May and I’m staring down the barrel of my events line up but it’s totally cool; I’m not scared or worried or stressed or any of that. Everything may be happening quickly but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Check out these upcoming events to put on your radar:
- The Bridge Street Art Fair – May 18, Bridge Street in Waitsfield, VT – This inaugural event is going to be a blast! Artists, demos, music, student artwork, food, fun!! It’s a great chance to come check out the coolest corner in Waitsfield and the shops and restaurants that you didn’t know you need to know about!! Find out more info on my Meg’s Events Invite and please help us spread the word!
- Moretown’s 250th Anniversary & Village-wide Yard Sale – May 23-May 26 with the village-wide yard sale from 9am-3pm on Saturday, May 25, Moretown, VT – Come help Moretown celebrate their 250th Anniversary! There will be town-wide events all weekend but don’t miss the big yard sale – stock up on some serious bargains and help support the Moretown Historical Society at the same time! For more event details including a schedule of events, click here.
- American Craft Beer Fest - May 31-June 1, Boston, MA – Among the most impressive line up known to beer fests, there is a great selection of Vermont brewers that will be representing our state and our craft! Come find me at the Lawson’s booth all weekend!
- Waterbury Arts Fest - July 12&13, Downtown Waterbury, VT – Waterbury also turns 250 this year and the WAF is planning one heck of a party! There will be a great block party featuring acts from Nimble Arts and Josh Panda & the Hot Damned on Friday. Saturday will feature a huge selection of artwork from over 60 Vermont artists, as well as food and entertainment that the whole family will enjoy! Find more info on the WAF Webpage.
As always, please feel free to contact the team at Meg’s Events if you have any questions at all! We are always looking for more volunteers, artists, foodies and cool people to meet to drop us a line some time! Cheers!