The Bridge Street Art Fair is THIS SATURDAY, May 17 from 1pm to 7pm on beautiful Bridge Street in Waitsfield and you should definitely go.
Here are 10 good reasons why:
- Walk & Roll – It’s National Bike Month so it’s only natural that the Bridge Street Art Fair will open things with a Bike Parade! Starting at the Big Picture at 12:30pm yoots of all ages can gather to decorate bikes and/or instruments and then “walk, rock and roll” with a parade down Route 100 to open the festivities on Bridge Street at 1pm.
- Discover a Hidden Gem – Bridge Street is filled with incredible local businesses such as The Artisans’ Gallery, The Sweet Spot, Mint, The Butchery, Peasant, All Things Bright & Beautiful, The Madsonian Museum, The Green Closet, 4orty Bridge and many, many more! This is a great chance to walk around and check out one of the most unique and cool little corners of the Mad River Valley. Full of gifts, gourmet, sweet treats and eye candy, (see some photos below,) you’ll find that Bridge Street is one of those hidden gems and a place to come back to over and over again.
- Discover The Next Great Artist – There are a lot of very talented little artists around these parts! We will have tons of student artwork on display all over Bridge Street and the surrounding areas. Come check it all out and see if you can pick out the next Monets, Picassos and Van Goghs.
- Get Warm & Fuzzy – The Fayston Elementary School will once again have a silent auction to benefit the Fayston PTO! There will be some incredible artwork up for bid so whether you win a quilt or not, you’ll get that warm & fuzzy feeling just knowing you’re helping a great cause.
- Get your Daily Dose – Throughout the afternoon local artists will be giving demos so you can learn something new for the day! There will be print making, pottery, painting and much more. You can also get dolled up by getting some henna or face painting or make a friendship bracelet!
- Treat Yourself To A Treat – We will have a bunch of local artists selling their beautiful work. Find a range of herbal salves, bath salts, teas and healing products. Find unique and functional ceramics, incredible hand-crafted jewelry, intricate quilts, cutting boards made from exotic woods and more! You’ll find great wedding gifts, graduation gifts, a little something something for someone special or maybe a treat just for yourself!
- Dance Like No One Is Watching – There will be a great selection of music playing all day. Boogie your booty off or just bop your head and tap your feet – whatever your style is, you will get a chance to show of your moves to the tunes of a variety of local musicians!
- Enjoy A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood – After all this talk of rain, it look like this weekend isn’t going to be that bad after all! The fruit trees are blooming, the sun will try to make a cameo and you probably won’t need a rain coat – at least in the afternoon during our fair!
- Have the Best Day Ever – There are so many great things to do in our Valley that you can fill up your day before you know it! You could start with a bike ride or walk along the Mad River Path or check out the opening day of the Waitsfield Farmers Market. After all, you can’t have fun all day if you don’t start in the morning!
- Come Together – We are very lucky to live in a community that comes together, works together and plays together! Keep that spirit alive, grab your friends and join the gathering on Bridge Street for an afternoon of serious neighborhood fun-having!
If you have any questions or comments, email Meg: firstname.lastname@example.org. See you SOON!
- Really Cool Vermont bracelets found at 4orty Bridge
- Have a delectable dinner at Peasant
- So many choices at Mint Restaurant
- It’s hard to only have one at the Sweet Spot!
- Checking out an exhibit at the Madsonian Museum